Community foundations (CFs) are instruments of civil society designed to pool donations into a coordinated investment and grant making facility dedicated primarily to the social improvement of a given place.
As it was told, Community foundation(s) :
- is instruments of civil society, it’s tool
- can pool donations, storing the charity money
- can coordinated investment and grant, as coordinator
- could making all resource dedicated to somewhere else facility
- making effort to social improvement
- established in a given place, it’s grant and investment should also be use in that place
A community foundation is a tax-exempt, independent, and publicly-supported charitable organization organized and operated as a permanent collection of endowed funds for the long-term benefit of a defined geographic area.
It seeks new, typically large, contributions of permanent endowment from a wide range of donors who are generally indigenous to the area, and provides services to assist those donors in fulfilling their personal philanthropic interests.
In this case, community foundation :
- is tax-exempt (tax free) , independent (live alone with others) and publicly-supported
- is a charitable organization
- running as a permanent collection of endowed funds(given by corps, people and others organizations)
- all funds should be long term benefit
- in a defined geographic area(in the certain place)
- seeks for some range of donors, in certain area
- should assist donors in fulfilling philanthropic interests.
Community foundation is a independent , tax-exempt charitable organization which its fund and resources come from local wide range donors, it will dedicated on social improvement for long term benefit in a given place.
The essential of community foundation:
- come from local community
- for local community’s long term benefit
- should dedicated on social improvement
And, how to established a CF?
- Local donors
- Management / professional
- Register as charitable organization
What CF can do?
- Community mobilization
- Grants on social improvement
- Well-being grants
- Give assistance for donors on their philosophy interest
- Community Base organizations